Esting, is an activity that I 'coined'. Extreme Living. It is a collection of adventures, participations, accomplishments that fall under the headings of "Highest", "Longest", "Lonliest", etc..
A co-worker asked if dating the "World's dumbest girl" would qualify...but no, it has not been published as so. He DID work on the World's Largest Cruise Ship for awhile....that worked.
To qualify as an "Est" it must be published as so.....it can be ANYTHING...as long as it is published as "est" in Guiness, on a menu, in a brochure, on a sign, on a website....etc.
Phil & Kathleen's Ests
1. July 5, 2008....we rode the motorcycle across the "Lonilest highway in America", highway 50 from Fallon, NV to Ely, NV.
2. July 27, 2010...We camped at World's highest KOA at Cripple Creek, Co. at 10,000 ft.
3. July 28, 2010...we rode the motorcycle up the "Highest paved rode in North America" to the top of Mt Evans (14,240 feet) in Colorado.
4. July 29, 2010...we rode the motorcycle across Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park...the "Highest continuous highway in America"
5. July 31, 2010...We camped at the "World's Oldest , first, KOA" in Billings, Montana.
6. August 7, 2010...We visited the "World's richest hill"....Butte, Montana. Mined here was copper, molybdenum, gold, and silver.
7. October 23, 2010...We took the bike up the mountain then hiked the rest of the way to the highest elevation in Arkansas at the top of Mount Magazine.
8. July 20, 2012...We hiked the 8.4 miles to the highest elevation in Oklahoma the top of Black Mesa.
9. August 29, 2012...We rode the WORLDS Largest zipline course. 27 spans, over 1.5 miles of ziplines through Alpine meadow, Aspen and Ponderosa forest and over the Animas River in Durango, Co.
Soaring Treetop Adventures
10. September 3, 2012...We rode the Tioga Road into Yosemite National Park. It is the HIGHest trans-sierra route in California, crossing Tioga Pass at 9,945 feet in elevation
11. September 7, 2012...We rode and hiked to the world's largest living tree, General Sherman with a girth of 109 feet. We also saw the General Grant tree with the largest diameter of 40 feet at the base.
12. September 9, 2012...We rode to North America's lowest point at -282 feet below sea level.
12. September 10, 2012...We rode the world's longest remaining intact stretch of Route 66 from Kingman, AZ to Seligman, AZ
13. September 14, 2012...We set our personal record and rode the farthest in one day....595 miles... that we ever have on the motorcycle.......from the west side of Albuquerque to home ( the east side of OKC )
TynyŽ home page